We’re excited to host our first hackathon, releasing the Rapid technology to those who attend. Join and win a trip to Prague!
Register today to be the first to get your hands on Rapid and a get chance to win epic prizes. Rapid is a cloud-hosted service that allows mobile app and web developers to build real-time user interfaces. Find out more here Rapid or check out this demo video.
Rapid Hackathon attendees will get a developer preview of the platform prior to our public launch. We’ll be selecting 20 teams to participate, the team that builds the best use case using Rapid, wins. You can attend as an individual developer or as a team of up to 4 engineers. See the full list of rules below.
Join us to meet the founders of Rapid as well as fellow developers for this one-off hackathon and win a trip to Prague. Register now!
Winning Team Prize: Trip to Prague!
That’s right, we’ll fly you and your entire team to Prague, where we’ll host you and take you around! You’ll get to explore one of the world’s most spectacular cities in the heart of Europe and meet the Rapid team from our Prague office. Get ready for a trip of a lifetime. We’ll cover your flights and accommodation costs for a 3-5 day trip.
Other prizes include the latest gadgets like Amazon’s Echo, The Samsung Gear 360 and more, don’t miss out!
Special prize for the team that provides the best feedback on Rapid
Saturday July 29
9 AM - Doors open
9:30 - 10:30 AM - Brunch & team formation
10:30 - 11:15 AM - Welcome ceremony
11:30 - 12 AM - Rapid SDK briefing
12 PM - Coding kick-off
6 PM - Dinner & beers
Sunday July 30
8 AM - Breakfast
12 PM - Coding freeze
12 - 1 PM - Lunch
1 - 2 PM - Presentation prep
2 - 4 PM - Demos
4 - 4:30 PM - Announcement of winners & Prizes
4:30 - 6 PM - Eating, Drinking and Celebrating
Judges & Mentors
Rapid Use Cases
Using Rapid you can build mobile (iOS or Android) or web applications.
Here are 6 top use cases for Rapid.
Chat & Messaging
Sync your chat messages with millions of users with our real-time database.Read More
Let the data talk and start building live-updating charts, graphs, tables and maps.Read More
Enhance team productivity with real-time features and content that is always up-to-date.Read More
Track and share location of multiple devices simultaneously.Read More
Connect, secure, manage and interact with your devices from anywhere in the world.Read More
Excite players and create games with real-time components.Read More
- The goal of our Hackathon is for the teams to build something cool in 24 hours. (Note: it is our policy that everyone owns their own work.)
- Your software must include real time features built using Rapid
- The teams optimally consist of one to four people, some combination of developers and UX/designers.
- Judging consists of the panel of judges and mentors listed above, hearing the pitch from the team leader, asking questions and taking notes.
- Will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, as well as a bunch of prizes from our partners.
- There will be food the entire time.
- You can go home and come back.
- You cannot bring guests--sorry!
- There will be no press.
- We may, at our discretion, audit the code of the projects to ensure their work was done during the Hackathon. Teams may use open source code and public APIs, but we ask that teams not write any code or do any designs before the Hackathon starts (Wireframes and UX are OK).
- Hackathon Submission: Submit your deliverables by 1 PM on Sunday.
- Mentors & Domain Experts will be available throughout the hackathon for 1-on-1 consultations.
- You must be 18 and above to attend.
- Attendance is free but participants must apply via EventBrite or the registration link on rapidrealtime.com/hackathon, and be selected to attend*
- You and your team MUST be present in San Francisco throughout the hackathon
* Please note that registering here does not guarantee your attendance. This is an application and we will confirm your acceptance to the hackathon with you after you register. Why? We only want serious developers to attend. Thank you for understanding.
Thank you Upload for providing their wonderful space for our hackathon!
Please check out Upload Inc. space.